The St. Armand Racetrack was founded by Francis B. Cantwell on the Bloomingdale Road between Saranac Lake and Bloomingdale, believed to be located on the property where the BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services) school building is now. It was bought in 1921 by William Vosburgh.
Lake Placid News, October 25, 1935
HARNESS RACE AT SARANAC LAKE NOV. 2
Essex County race enthusiasts are sponsoring a harness matinee to be held at the St. Armand race track near Saranac Lake on Saturday afternoon, November 2. Thirteen horses have already been entered and it is expected that there will be final entries of at least 20 racers from Essex, Clinton and Franklin counties.
Fred Fortune will enter his horse "Will Rogers" and an entry has been made by Vernon Devlin, also of this village. Organizing the track event are Patrick Hennessy and Fred Fortune of Lake Placid, Barney Cross of Elizabethtown and Walter Johnson of Wadhams.