Address: 136 Main St.
Old Address 119 Main St.
Year built: 1891
Architect: Lawrence Aspinwall
Other information: In 1905 (during the tenure of Rector Walter H. Larom), the house was rented to Dr. George G. Rambaud, who lived in the house and operated his practice there as well. The second floor rear cure porches were also added during this period. There was a fire in the Rectory attic during the period when Dr. Rambaud was in residence. A photo of the January 29, 1906 fire still exists in the church archives, and charred beams can still be seen in the attic ceiling, off the servants' parlor and maid's quarters.
Walter Nash Larom, three year old son of Walter H. Larom and his wife Caroline died in the St. Luke's rectory on January 3rd, 1905; after this, Rev. Larom's wife could not bear to live in the house, and for the rest of their tenure, they lived in (and owned) homes in the Park Avenue area. 1
There was another fire in the rectory c. 2010, during the occupancy of Rev. Ann S. Gaillard. Luckily, her husband was at home at the time, and the fire was promptly put out.
1. Research by Phill Greenland in St. Luke's archives.