Location: 18 Heron Lane, Upper St. Regis Lake
Trevallyn Lodge is on eleven acres of varied terrain with 2,500 feet of shoreline. Walkways connect the buildings, boathouses, tennis court and guest dock.
The “Master Camp” consists of the Main Lodge with dining room, dining porch, great room, billiards room, large kitchen and service rooms, three fireplaces and stone patio, a small, private suite with a bedroom, small bunk room and family room with two bathrooms. The “Boy’s Building” with four bedrooms and full baths. The “Maid’s Building” provides an additional six bedrooms with a shared split bathroom facility.
“Mr. T’s Camp” is a 3,486-square foot winterized building with a kitchen, living/dining room, five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and a den.
The winterized caretaker’s camp is a 2,487-square foot cottage with kitchen, living room, four bedrooms, two baths and a garage and shop. There are two boathouses, a guest dock at the main residence, a red clay tennis court, a six-bay garage with a seven-bedroom Butler’s Quarters and Chauffeur’s Apartment with full kitchen above, laundry house, wood shed and wood shop. The property also includes one of the oldest buildings on Upper St. Regis Lake, the “Point House,” currently used as a game room.
(The description above is taken from a real estate listing c. 2010)
The lodge was mentioned in the July 10, 1938 New York Times under a headline that read "J. B. TREVORS PLAN ADIRONDACK PARTY." The party, a luncheon at Mr. and Mrs. John B. Trevor's Trevallyn Lodge, was for members of the board of trustees of the newly proposed Paul Smith College of Arts and Sciences; Mr. Trevor was vice president of the board. Attending were Supreme Court Justice O. Byron Brewster, president of the board, Mrs. George Henry Townsend of Greenwich, Conn., and Dr. Arthur F. Chace of New York, "from the St. Regis colony."