Address: 134 Park Avenue
Old Address: 67 Park Avenue
Other names: LaBounty Cottage (1911), McCaffery Cottage (1912), Merrick Cottage (1928), Mirick Cottage (1930), Walker Cottage (1932), DIS. Knabe Cottage (1916)
Year built: 1904
Other information: A Colonial Revival-style, two-family house that evolved into a cure cottage. A total of eight cure porches have been added to the structure.
By 1913 the house had been leased to Anna McCaffery who may have managed the house as a nursing cottage, and, in 1914, it was managed as a boarding cottage by Estella W. Knabe, who came to Saranac Lake with her husband, who had TB.
In 1934, it was registered with the T.B. Society by Alfred and Ethel Nickerson Walker as a nursing cottage for eight patients at rates of $25 to $35 per week. Patients included Hispanics, Asians, and Norwegian sailors.
Elise Chapin was a patient in this cottage in the 1930s.