Clockwise from bottom left, E. J. Booth, Dr. Oakey, Mr. Murray (from Utica), Billy Duquette. Winners of the 1927 Paterson Medal in Curling. Adirondack Daily Enterprise, July 31, 1999 Born: February 22, 1872

Died: April 2, 1946

Dr. Washington Joseph Oakey, D.D.S. lived at 13 Church Street in what is now the Church Street Historic District, where a number of doctors had homes in the early days, usually with offices in their houses. Dr. Oakey's house was torn down to build Paul Smith's College Residence Hall. His name is often mis-spelled as "Oakley". The corrected spelling is based on an observation of his family plot on the far northern edges of Pine Ridge Cemetery.