Williams Cottage
Historic Image here

Address: 15 Cliff Road

Old Address: 50 Baker Street

Other names: McBean Cottage (1929) DIS

Year built: before 1929

The Williams Cottage c. 1915.  The house at right is 106 1/2 Park Avenue, now 34 Cliff Road.
The photographer was Fletcher M. Durbin, a patient; courtesy of his grandson, John P. Durbin.
According to the 1916 TB Directory, the Williams Cottage, run by Mrs. Henry Brainerd Williams, had room for seven patients, had seven cure porches and charged $20-50 per week.

Norwegian discoverer and ethnographer Carl Sofus Lumholtz stayed here from December 1921 to May 1922, before his death from T.B.

Other historic properties