Fowler's Livery, at 2 Broadway, was owned by liveryman, blacksmith and real estate speculator W. Smith Fowler. He sold it in 1910, to William H. Jack, who erected the Jack Block on part of the site. It was later operated by Giles Bombard and became Bombard's Livery.
The 1902 Adirondack Directory contained an advertisement for "Fowler & Galloway's Livery and Transfer Company, Established 1880"
The alley to the north of the Jack Block may have been originally called Fowler's Lane; the livery occupied the site at the end of the alley, where a heated garage was later built to accommodate the cars of early guests of the Hotel Saranac (before anti-freeze). A heavily remodeled quonset hut occupies the site now; perhaps it was the heated garage.