|Having kids always poses unique challenges, especially in a college town, and even more especially for a student. This page is list of resources for people with kids. Currently it is just a stub, so help fill it in!!!|
- Birthright of Ithaca - 210 Center St - 272-9070 - Website
- Family Connections - 156 Port Watson St. Cortland - 756-6574 - Website
- Ithaca Pregnancy Center - 210 W Green St - 273-4673 - Website
- Planned Parenthood - 314 W State St - 273-1513 - Website
- See Schools
Child Care Centers/Day Care
- I a C C Day Care Center
- Wegmans has a day care center that allows you to drop your kids off while you go grocery shopping
- Cornell has a babysitters and service givers (petsitting) list. Must have a Cornell login to access it.
Classes and Activities
Ithaca has several activities for kids and their families. This list is broken down into subcategories. For a comprehensive list of things to do with kids in Ithaca, the Ithaca Family Fun website may be most helpful.
- Corning Museum of Glass - a museum just outside of Ithaca where kids get to learn how glass is made and shaped into art. It is a very interactive museum and they even get to make their own glass pieces.
- See Parks
CPR & First Aid
- for Cornell students, their are PE casses that teach first aid. See the Cornell website hear outdoor adventures class, and hear PE classes