Nonprofit Organizations1 play a vital role in our Ithaca community by focusing resources and providing services to community needs without regard to profit. See our Talk Page for additional terminology and discussion of not-for-profit organization.
On this and related pages we include a variety of organizations, some more formally organized than others. Some of the nonprofit organizations, such as hospitals, are categorized into separate collections, either here or on separate pages.
Categorized Nonprofit Collections:
- Cultural Organizations - organizations supporting the cultural background of a people
- Health and Medical Organizations - supporting specific health and medical issues, except hospitals
- Hospices - residential facilities, in-home care, and resources,
- Spiritual Organizations - collection of spiritual and religious organizations
Uncategorized Alphabetical List: 2
- American Association of University Women
- CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children
- Catholic Charities of Tompkins
- Center for Sustainable Living
- Children Awaiting Parents
- Red Cross
- Volunteers of America
- White Hawk Ecovillage
A more extensive list can be found at the Volunteer Match website.
1. Created from RocWiki Page
2. Partial and incomplete list, no one was purposely excluded