Kitchener's rich and diverse arts and culture scene, complemented by a wide range of annual special events and festivals, draws hundreds of thousands of residents and visitors from across the province and beyond each year.
Whether you're a young professional looking to sample tastes and traditions from across the globe - without the airfare, or a parent - or grandparent - in search of fun new ways to make memories with your young ones - we have it all!
On top of enhancing our already vibrant quality of life, our special events and festivals offer fun, new experiences for you to try, as well as a variety of learning opportunities.
You'll soon see that we offer a never-ending list of things to see and do, no matter the season - or how old you are.
For more information on all of our special events and festivals, please choose from the links below:
- Hockey Town (February)
- St. Patrick's Day (March)
- Cinco de Mayo (May)
- KW Multicultural Festival (June)
- Tapestry (June)
- Tri-Pride (June)
- Greek Festival (June)
- Our World Festival of Music (June)
- National Aboriginal Day (June)
- Latitudes Storytelling Festival (June)
- Cruising on King (July)
- Rock and Rumble Motorcycle Show (July)
- Tooney Tuesdays (July)
- Kidspark (August)
- Kitchener Blues Festival (August)
- Back to School Party - Movie Night (September)
- The Word on the Street (September)
- Festival of Neighbourhoods (October)
- Oktoberfest (October)
- Christmas Fantasy (November)
- Christkindl Market (December)
- New Year's Eve Celebration (December)
The city also supports the following special events and festivals: