Use this page to find (and record) the best public wifi spots on the Leelanau Peninsula
Use this page to record real-world speed tests of coffee-shop and other public wifi locations. Please edit this page and add your own entries! Instructions below.
Business or Location (include wiki link)
|City||Wifi Hotspot (SSID)||Password?||Ping Speed||Download Speed||Upload Speed||Date Tested||Notes|
|Leland Public Library||Leland||Library Public||15ms||24.62 Mbps||3.33 Mbps||June 25, 2015||Acceptance of user agreement required. Charter Internet|
- Make sure you're connected to the hotspot you want to test.
- Go to http://www.speedtest.net
Begin the Test
Record the result
- (If you're ambitious) For better accuracy, do it twice and average the results
Add Your Entry to the Table Above
- Use Edit button at the top of this page
- The table does not auto-sort. Please put your entry in A-Z order.
- To add a new row, put the cursor in the table, right-click, and insert a new row above or below.
- Record your results in the table.
- Be sure to link your place name to the corresponding Arborwiki page, even if it doesn't exist yet. If you have time, you can create a new one using the Restaurant or Business templates.
- If the download speed is lower than 1 Mbps, you can mark the row in red. Select the row, choose Cell -> Cell Properties -> Cell Background.
- Thanks for helping others out!
Notes on Accuracy
Wifi speed can be affected by a lot of factors, and simple things like the number of people using the single connection and where someone sits in the coffee shop will have an effect. So while the numbers on the chart aren't exact and could vary if tested again, the resulting chart may still be useful to identify generally the best and worst relative to other locations.
This page copied shamelessly from Arborwiki !