The City of Marquette's 113–acre Park Cemetery was established at its present location at 301 N. Seventh Street in 1858. The cemetery provides perpetual care on a year-round basis. Many of Marquette’s founding families and early pioneers are buried here.
Phone 906-228-0444, Fax 906-228-0445, email [email protected]
Buried in Park Cemetery
- Sidney Adams
- Edward Breitung, one of the founders of the Jackson Mining Company
- Alfred Burt
- D. Frederick Charlton, architect
- Philo Everett
- Robert Graveraet
- Amos Harlow
- Louis Kaufman, president of the First National Bank; buried in the grand Kaufman Mausoleum, the largest building in the cemetery.
- James P. Pendill, first mayor of Negaunee and mayor of Marquette
- Carroll Rankin (1864-1945), author of Dandelion Cottage
- George Shiras III (1859-1942), US Congressman, wildlife photographer
- John Wesley Stone (1838-1922), US Congressman, Michigan Supreme Court justice
- Peter White
The Marquette Gravesite Locator App was built as an entry for the 2014 Code Michigan event.
If you are looking to locate a grave within Localwiki, a search for the individual's name will locate some records. The portions of the cemetery that have been platted here with sorted name lists include the following: