Non-profit organizations operate in a wide range or areas, including social justice, the environment, animal rights, the arts, politics, education, religion, and others. They engage in activities without the purpose of making a profit, hence the name.
To be added to this list, create a new page and make sure it's tagged "Non-Profit Organization".
- Wynwood Arts - Meetup group for local art lovers & artists to enjoy gallery, events educational courses, meet-the-artist discussion groups, local dinner events, and a platform for engagement for the South Florida Arts Community.
- Emerge Miami - "Emerge Miami’s mission is to strengthen social bonds between progressive individuals, organizations and independent businesses in South Florida in order to more effectively accomplish our individual goals."
- Hands on Miami
- Institute for Child and Family Health
- Dress For Success Miami - (DFSMiami.org) Is the local chapter of the Dress For Success Worldwide Charitable organization. DFSMiami provides training and clothing to economically disadvantaged individuals, ex-offenders, transitional housing clients,victims of domestic abuse, low-income high school students, youth in the foster care system, and other individuals who are struggling to secure and retain employment.
- Miami Rescue Mission
- SocialMedia305.org - Professional event group providing educational courses in online community management, social media strategy and digital marketing. This group also provides information, invites and real-time professional networking events with access to regional & local conferences.
- University of Wynwood
- Urban Paradise Guild - Re-creates native habitats in the Urban areas of Miami-Dade County, and promotes sustainable models for healthy living that safeguard, enhance and integrate the human and natural worlds for the benefit of both.
- Women of Wynwood
- Dade Heritage Trust - Miami-Dade County's largest membership organization dedicated to historic preservation.
- The Villagers - an organization dedicated to the preservation and restoration of historic places in Miami-Dade County.
- The Miami Woman's Club - a community service organization founded in 1900.
- The Woman's Club of Coconut Grove - founded in 1891 and the oldest civic and community service organization in Miami-Dade County.
- The Women's History Coalition - collects and publishes the history and achievements of women in Miami-Dade County and promotes events for Women's History Month in March.
- South Florida Writers - a collection of writers who meet for programs, writing contests and critique sessions.
- TheBarnacle Society - a support group for the historic landmark Barnacle site, home of pioneer Commodore Ralph Munroe.
- Biscayne Nature Society
- Tropical Flowering Tree Society
Nonprofits in Florida are required to have a permit to solicit funds from the Fla. Dept. of Agriculture. Go to website below for details.