Location 3111 Convair Drive
From the Greater Toronto Airports Authority 2009 Annual Report:
- The GTAA is governed by a 15-Member Board. These Directors serve a term of three years and are eligible to be reappointed subject to a maximum of nine years.
- Five Directors are appointed from municipal candidates. Each of the Regional Municipalities of York, Halton, Peel and Durham and the City of Toronto is entitled to provide, on a rotating basis, the names of three candidates, and the Board appoints one of the three candidates for each available position as a Director.
- In addition, in 2009 the Corporation amended its Bylaws such that seven Directors are appointed by the Board on a cyclical basis from a pool of eligible candidates generated by a search process which includes: the Law Society of Upper Canada, Professional Engineers Ontario, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, the Toronto Board of Trade, the Board of Trade of the City of Mississauga (MBOT) and the Board of Trade of the City of Brampton.
- Finally, the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario are entitled to appoint two Directors and one Director, respectively. All members of the GTAA’s Board are independent, as that term is defined in the applicable securities legislation.
- The GTAA’s Board meets on a regular basis and views its principal responsibility as overseeing the conduct of the business of the GTAA and setting the strategic direction for the Corporation.
- The Board ensures that long-term goals and the strategies necessary to achieve them are established and are consistent with the GTAA’s vision.
- The Board also ensures that the necessary systems are in place to manage the risks associated with the GTAA’s business and to monitor and measure management’s performance in carrying out the Corporation’s objectives.