Exercise: one of the cornerstones of any balanced life. The good news is that Nevada County offers all kinds of opportunities to exercise. There are a variety of gyms and privately owned exercise studios (usually dedicated to yoga, dance or pilates) scattered throughout Nevada County. In addition, many of the local venues (St. Joseph's Hall and Center for the Arts in particular) offer up their space to dance teachers and other exercise instructors. If you don't want to pay for it, there are plenty of parks to go kite-flying or hiking in, Pools, Rivers and Creeks to go swimming in, and undeveloped land to go exploring in (especially out in the North San Juan Ridge area.). You can also find organized Sports for both children and adults. Also, be sure to check out a comprehensive listing of all of the Dance Troupes and Martial Arts groups in Nevada County, as many groups are offered in separate venues.
- Club Sierra: Full on gym, with locker rooms, showers, weight lifting equipment, a room with cardio equipment, racquetball courts and a cafe for a healthy lunch after you work out! Located on Berryhill Drive off of East Main.
- Monster Gym:
- Rising Starz Gym: might be closed.
- Gold Country Gymnastics:
- Essential Balance Inc.:
- The Pilates Place
- Body Balance Academy:
- Bikram Yoga:
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm:
- Stillpoint Studios:
- Foothills Kenpo Martial Arts:
- Body Balance Kung Fu and Tai Chi School:
- Perry's Athletic Training Center:
- Grass Valley Aikikai:
- Phillip's School of Kung-Fu San:
- Family Martial Arts Center:
- South Yuba Club: Weight area, cardio equipment, spa, pool, sauna, basketball courts. Also provides space for a variety of exercise instructors to teach classes. Schedule available.
- Synergy Pilates and Massage Center:
- Wild Mountain Yoga Center:
- Full Life Yoga Studio:
- Core Movement Center: