- View archived meeting.
- See short videos of the crowd.
- View the budget that was passed. (A few small line items changed, and a friendly addendum was added. This was the budget known as the “All In” budget proposed by Councilmembers Kalb, Kaplan and McElhaney.
- Storify of the #oakmtg livetweeters.
Statements from City officials after the fact:
- Rebecca Kaplan via newsletter
- The Mayor’s Office released this Press Release
- Desley Brooks posted this on Facebook after
- notable absence of mention of budget in Deanna Santana’s weekly report released 6/28/13
News Coverage of the Budget Decision
- Artz, Matthew. “Oakland council not afraid to spend.” Oakland Tribune: June 28, 2013.
- Tavares, Steven. “Oakland Passes A Two-Year Budget Shaded Toward Public Safety.” EBCitizen.com: June 28, 2013.