CC SA-BY Our Oakland
The 59th Street Firehouse was an Oakland Fire Department firehouse, built in 1895. In the mid-1990s it was seismically retrofitted, and converted into 6 condominium units. It is at 1095 - 59th Street in the Golden Gate district.
CC SA-BY Our Oaklandby Jack Roach, engineer, c.1920
Collection of the Oakland Museum of California, Gift of Fred L. Klinkner