The Alturas Apartments are at 3764 Shafter Avenue, and opened in 1930.
They were constructed by N.E. Rockwell and owned by W.H. Kelley.
In 1955, the building was part of a huge, 27-building sale with 17 buildings in Oakland, including the Latham Square Building, the Hill Castle Apartments, the Bellevue-Staten, and the Financial Center Building. 2
Links and References
- Apartment House Near Park is Opened Oakland Tribune December 7, 1930
- 27 Buildings in Huge Eastbay Sale Oakland Tribune October 17, 1955