21st Annual Bike to Work Day 2014, Thursday, May 8, 7 - 9 am, Frank Ogawa Plaza, 14th St at Broadway
While the rest of the region will be celebrating the 20th, Oakland will be ringing in the 21st annual Bike-to-Work Day pancake breakfast at Oakland City Hall. A joint effort of the City and Bike East Bay (formerly the East Bay Bicycle Coalition), Oakland's City Hall "energizer station" is one of the biggest in the Bay Area. Featuring:
- Pancake and coffee breakfast courtesy Rotisserie Deli, Cross Burgers, and Whole Foods Market
- All-day valet bike parking by the Bike East Bay
- Tabling displays by organizations, agencies, and businesses highlighting bike-focused projects, programs, and/or wares
- Free bike safety checks by staff from The Spoke Cyclery and Manifesto Bicycles
- Day passes to Club One Oakland
- A goody bag full of schwag including Bike Bucks, 15% discounts on parts & accessories at some of Oakland's awesome and generous bike shops
- Tunes by DJ Crimson
- A raffle with lots of valuable prizes, including a Torker T29 bicycle from Tip Top Bike Shop!
Energizer Stations for Bike to Work Day
For 2014's Bike to Work Day, over 300 Energizer Stations will be located along local bike commute routes in all nine Bay Area counties to provide free beverages, snacks, and good cheer to bicyclists. The Oakland Public Library will host an Energizer Station at BART's Lake Merritt Station and the Bike Library will be at City Hall's Energizer Station. For locations of Energizer Stations throughout the region to help plan your Bike to Work commute, visit the websiteyoucanbikethere.com/energizer. See you in the bike lane!
Bike to Work Day On the Ferry, May 8, 7 am , Water Street and Clay Street
Participate in this great event that promotes the bicycle as an option for commuting to work...a healthy and safe alternative to driving. Bring your bike on the Oakland Ferry and receive complimentary beverage at the Jack London Square "energizer station".