The Campbell House was originally the home of R. A. Campbell, a San Francisco merchant, who in 1887 lived in the home. Samuel W. Ferguson, manager of the Southern California Land and Emigration Company in San Francisco, also resided in 1014 Sixteenth Street.
On July 12, 1983 the Cambell House was designated Oakland Landmark #73, under Zoning Case #LM 83-97.
1014 - 16th Street, Oakland, California
Designated Landmarks, Heritage Properties, and Preservation Districts City of Oakland 1