The beginner urban forager might need some help figuring out what's good and rare to gather up off the streets of Oakland. Please add your wisdom here.
Common and useful:
- milk crates - note: the commonness of this is disputed. quote: "i never find milk crates." (note: building up a relationship with your local corner store will help you acquire milk crates- while many stores need to redeem these, some don't and will be happy to give you these!)
- 5 gallon paint buckets
- sofas (definitely useful for sofafree. look it up.)
Common and useless:
- really broken furniture
- wood pallets (unless your use case is fire)
- dot matrix printers
- dirty diapers. these things are everywhere. totally useless.
- old and giant TVs.
Less common and useful:
- useful electronics
- fully-functional furniture (not too rare though)
Less common and useless:
- those potty training things for kids. no picture available but really, it happens. would you reuse one of those?