The Cosmopolitan Hotel was located at 713 Broadway (859 before renumbering) between 7th and 8th Streets. It was later referred to as Cosmopolitan House.
An ad in 1874 notes that B.N. Bogisic & Co. were now the proprietors, 1 but that didn't last long. By the 1875 directory, it was run by Stephen J. Dodge.
Hanifin apparently continued to run the ground-floor saloon.
The Cosmopolitan appears as late as the 1880-1881 directory, but stops appearing in listings by the 1884-1885 directory.
Links and References
- ad Oakland Tribune May 21, 1874