1908 drawing 2

Frick Middle School (originally Frick School, then Frick Jr. High, then Frick Middle School, now Frick Impact Academy) is a school near Foothill Blvd. which gives its name to the Frick neighborhood The school was named for Walter P. Frick, who donated the land in 1908. 1

1927 drawing 3

In 1927, a new, modern building was built and the school became a junior high school. 3

As often happened, in 1953 it was determined the school was not earthquake safe. In 1957, ground was broken for a new school which opened in 1960. The old building was razed.

Links and References

  1. Foundation For School Is Laid Oakland Tribune August 30, 1908
  2. Permits Granted For Many Homes Oakland Tribune September 20, 1908
  3. Frick School on Foothill Bd. Completed Oakland Tribune June 5, 1927