[Question: Are any of the other young men pictured above future leaders in Oakland?]
George J. Ainsworth (April 13, 1852 - October 20, 1895) was the son of prominent businessman John C. Ainsworth.
- First class to graduate from UC Berkeley in 1873; earned Doctor of Philosophy degree.
- Became an Oregon steam ship captain in 1875.
- In 1882 George took charge of his fathers' business in Oakland, until his father's death in 1 893.
- Active member of the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, honored with the 33rd degree.
- Member of the Mystic Shrine.
- Father of L. S. Ainsworth and Mabel Ainsworth.
- Executor of his father's estate until his death in 1895.