George Adams Wyman (July 3, 1877 – November 15, 1959) was the first person to cross the U.S. by motorcycle, between May 16, 1903 and July 6, 1903.
George was born July 3, 1877, in Oakland, to George W. Wyman and Arvilda Stickney (Wyman). He worked as a mechanic. In 1902, he became the first person to cross the Sierra Nevada by motorcycle, and got the idea to try to cross the U.S. by motorcycle.
Wyman died November 15, 1959, and is buried in Mountain View Cemetery, main mausoleum, Section 157, Niche 1, Tier 2. 2
Links and References
- George A. Wyman on Wikipedia
- The George A. Wyman Memorial Project
- Remember the Oakland Man Who First Crossed the US on a Motorcycle NBC Bay Area
- George A. Wyman Centennial Recreation
- George Wyman at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame