Harrison School (Harrison Elementary School) was located at Harrison and 6th Streets from at least 1874, and then at Harrison and 4th Streets from 1895 until it closed in 1925. 1,2
In 1874, Miss Hamilton was the principal, and Miss Gladding, Miss Carey, and Miss Helen Blakeslee were teachers. 4
In 1887 Mrs. Harriett M. Mullen was the principal, along with three teachers; Miss Anna A. Cordes, Miss Helen A. Robins, Miss Anna M. Quince and Mrs. Carrie Bock, janitor of the school.
In 1915, Mr. E. W. Kottinger was the principal. Listed as teachers: Mrs. Mary L. Rhodes, Miss Josephine Sykes, Miss Gertrude Herd and Miss Isabelle Scupham. Mrs. J. Daly was custodian. 3
In 1923, Edna Yates was principal at the 4th St. location.
The school closed in 1925 and the students sent to other schools. 1