The Hotel Clay-Ten was a long-time hotel at the northeast corner of Clay and 10th Streets. It was built in 1913, 3 and was still around in 1972.
It appears frequently in classified listings, but other than occasional crimes (e.g., holdups of the clerks late at night) and sales or changes in management, it appears infrequently in the newspaper.
In the 1910s it was owned by Mary E. Williamson, who also ran the Hotel Vernon and the Hotel Merritt. She sold it in 1921. 4
Links and Reference
- ohrphoto.dpoa9.009 Oakland History Center, Oakland Public Library
- ohrphoto.oaklandhotels.016 Oakland History Center, Oakland Public Library
- Oakland Prepares to Entertain World in 1915 Oakland Tribune June 22, 1913
- Hotel Clay-Ten Sold Oakland Tribune April 14, 1921