The Hudson Funeral Home was opened by Luther M. Hudson at 853 - 8th Street, Oakland, California in 1915.  The Hudson Funeral Home was owned and operated by Hudson for 29 years until 1943 when the failing health of his wife forced him to sell the funeral home to Aramis Fouche.

Fouche was was forced to move the business by eminent domain.