The Hudson and Butler Funeral Home (later Hudson Funeral Home) was opened by Luther M. Hudson and John H. Butler in 1915 at 1552 - 8th St. Some time between 1917 and 1920, they moved to 953 - 8th St. It was owned and operated by Hudson for 29 years until 1943 when the failing health of his wife forced him to sell the funeral home to Aramis Fouche.
c.1924, they also had a location in San Francisco at 1914 Sutter. 2 They temporarily were at 952 - 8th St. in 1930. 1
Fouche was was forced to move the business by eminent domain in 1966. [ the 953 - 8th location for Mohr Housing? ]