June 25, 2013 the Public Ethics Commission in partnership with Open Oakland will hold a Transparency Hearing at 6:30. The hearing will occur in City Council Chambers at City Hall. This is a collaborative meeting.
Before the meeting, the PEC is also asking residents to engage with City government by giving a letter grade (A-F) on how Oakland is doing on transparency and texting it to (510) 470-7852. You will then receive a series of 3 followup questions.
The Key Note speaker will be Tim O'Reilly. Topic: Government as a Platform.
- Laurenellen McCann from the Sunlight Foundation will present "Transparency 101."
- Robb Korinke from California Forward will present "The Problem with Transparency in California."
- Alissa Black from the New America Foundation will present "Innovations and Engagement."
- Greg Greenway from the Davenport Institute will present "Public Engagement."
- Nicole Neditch will represent the city and Steve Spiker will represent Open Oakland and present "Oakland Innovations."
Optional registration here.