NAME, Years Elected to City Council
Leroy R. Goodrich was elected to City Council in 1923 and 1925 (?)
Leroy Rosengren Goodrich was originally from Buffalo, New York. Goodrich attended Cornell University and graduated in 1908. He was active in debate and was elected Senior President in 1907.2 He stayed active with his alma mater and was a member of the Cornell University Club of Northern California.3
Goodrich was the manager of the Frontier Press.4 He was admitted to the California Bar as an attorney in 1933.5 The 1940 Census stated that he and his family, including his wife Lena, daughter Jean, and his mother and father-in-law, lived at 6028 Broadway Terrace in Oakland.6
OTHER POSITIONS IN CITY GOVERNMENT
- Port Commissioner 1931-1937
- Served on the first ever board of the East Bay Regional Parks District, starting in 19347
- "GOODRICH SENIOR PRESIDENT." The Cornell Daily Sun: Oct 17, 1907.
- "Goodrich Senior President."
- The Cornellian, Vol 46. 1915.
- Census preview data on Ancestry.com
- Polk Husted Directory. 1916.
- State Bar of California -- Attorney Search results
- East Bay Regional Parks promotional materials (note first name spelled LeRoy)