Lewis ("Lew") Foster Galbraith (April 6, 1883 – March 2, 1963) had a golf course named for him.

He was a manager at PG&E, a member of the Elks Club, and president of the Greater San Francisco Advertising Club in 1923.

In 1936, he was vice president of the board of trustees of the YMCA, 3 and Galbraith was the "chairman of the local recreation commission" from c.1952-1955. 1,2


Galbraith married Mildred Avery (Galbraith) in 1913, and they had two sons, John Avery Galbraith and Edwin L. Galbraith. The Galbraiths lived in various locations around Oakland and Piedmont, but most notably at the Tudor Hall Apartments in the 1950s.

Death and Legacy

Galbraith died in 1963 is interred in Mountain View Cemetery. The Lew F. Galbraith Golf Course near the Oakland Airport was named for him in 1966.

Links and References

  1. The Hastings News January 31, 1952
  2. Playground Area Speeded for Auditorium Village Oakland Tribune August 25, 1955
  3. 'Y' Is Host to Service Club Members at Youth Dinner Oakland Tribune April 22, 1936