MacMarr Stores was a chain of grocery stores that was eventually absorbed into Safeway in 1940. They were owned by Safeway in 1939, but still operated as MacMarr Stores.
MacMarr Stores purchased Mutual Stores c.1930, which had purchased Jenny Wren Stores in 1928.
Links and References
- MacMarr Stores market at 474 Oakland Avenue Oakland History Room at Oakland Public Library