Events Hosted at the Magnolia Hall
- May 20, 1897: Reception for the Order of Railway Conductors hosted by the Ladies Auxiliary of the same.2
- January, 1907: Meeting of the Civic Federation to discuss the political situation in Oakland (early #oakmtg). Keynote speaker was P.S. Gillette, member of the Municipal League.1
- January, 1907: Organizational meeting of a West Side Civic Federation (appears to be separate from above).4
- 1910: Flor de Infancia meetings (secret society) first and third Sundays.3
- 1915: Panama Canal Dance, sponsored by the black fraternal lodge Harmony Court No. 167
- 1920s: Snappy Cotton Club Band and Tin Can Henry Alley played regularly on Sunday nights5
- "DEMAND HONEST ADMINISTRATION: Members of Civic Federation Discuss Municipal Affairs." San Francisco Chronicle: Jan 31, 1907.
- "RAILWAY CONDUCTORS BANQUETED IN OAKLAND." San Francisco Chronicle: May 21, 1897.
- 1910 directory.
- "OAKLAND PREPARES FOR PRIMARIES." San Francisco Call: Jan 21, 1907.
- Collins, Willie. "JAZZING UP SEVENTH STREET: MUSICIANS, VENUES, AND THEIR SOCIAL IMPLICATIONS." From a 2005 report to the City of Oakland on preserving 7th Street.