Merguire-Ritchie Chevrolet was an automobile dealership in Oakland c.1924-25. In 1924 they were located at the corner of 12th Street and Oak, in what is now the Alameda County Law Library.
The 1924 Gothic revival building was designed by architects Schirmer and Bugbee, who were part of the group that designed the county courthouse. The reinforced concrete structure was built for a cost of $149,000 by builder Walter Murch for owner M.T. Smith. See more about the history of the building on the Alameda County Law Library page.
The 1925 directory lists two additional addresses, 427 East 12th and 2020 Telegraph for used cars, as well as the 12th and Oak location for new cars and service.
- Milo A. Baker, salesman - 515 Sycamore St.
- Harold R. Bettencourt, manager - 1117 5th St.
- John H. Boyd, salesman - 1835 8th Ave.
- Blanche B. Chamberlain, stenographer - 239 66th Ave.
- Lyle V. Chidester, auto mechanic - San Lorenzo
- Norman H. Chinn, salesman - 1506 4th Ave.
- George A. Creswell, auto mechanic - San Leandro
- Leslie R. Douglas, auto mechanic - 272 21st St.
- Manuel A. Erro, department manager - 1415 Harrison
- John H. Fahy, salesman - 847 32nd St. then 219 1/2 John St.
- L. V. Hansen, salesman - Hotel Vernon
- James H. Harris, salesman - 145 Grand Ave.
- Beatrice V. Hartwell, bookkeeper - 2402 East 27th St.
- Robert E. Hogan, salesman - 427 East 12th St.
- Sylvia Jorgensen, stenographer - 5781 Adeline St.
- Harmon S. Kelsey, department manager - 805A Santa Clara Ave.
- Ian MacKenzie, salesman - San Leandro
- George L. Mason, employee
- Earl N. Merguire, owner - San Francisco
- F. C. Miller, auto mechanic
- Herbert Morse, salesman - 3838 14th Ave.
- W. H. Oates, foreman - 2460 66th Ave.
- L. L. Pears, auto worker - 1346 85th Ave.
- Howard Pennington, salesman - 2748 78th Ave.
- Bradley H. Pratt, salesman - Piedmont
- Ivan L. Richey, salesman - 1803 Rosedale Ave.
- Willie Ritchie, owner - San Francisco
- Lottie F. Seeley, bookkeeper - 1709B 10th St.
- F. Thompson, clerk - 2634 74th Ave.
- Irving E. Voerckel, clerk - 2636B Grove St.
- William S. Webb, salesman - 1411 Castro St.
- Joseph N. Weigand, bookkeeper - 1733 27th Ave.