Oakland Motor Club was an early automobile club, organized in 1911. Robert W. Martland was the primary organizer and was elected the first president. 1
Members who signed up at the initial meeting at the Saddle Rock Restaurant included M. J. Laymance, P. C. Frederickson, Frank R. Fageol, Norman F. Peart, Frank C. Havens, Albert S. Lavenson, and H. C. Capwell. 1
The club refurbished Hunters' Inn to serve as a clubhouse.
Links and References
- Oakland Motor Club Organized by Autoists Oakland Tribune March 4, 1911