R/EVOLVE SPECTRUM 2013 Oakland Pride Film Festival
Wednesday, August 28 thru Sunday, September 1
The sQm 2013 Oakland Pride FIlm Fest is a five day celebration of new & traditional LGBTQ films with food, fun, fashion shows, and more! This much-anticipated event is being held at beloved Oakland venues:
- The City Council Chambers - Oakland City Hall
- The New Parkway Theater
- The Grand Lake Coffee House
- The Den at The Fox Theater
- RandeVu Café
- Miss Ollies Restaurant
- Luka's Taproom and Lounge
- The Uptown Studios
- Wednesday, August 28: The New Black, Opening Night Gay-la, City Hall
- Thursday, August 29: Big Words, The New Parkway
- Friday, August 30: ShortBus, Grand Lake Coffee House
- Friday, August 30: Paris Is Burning, Uptown Studios
- Saturday, August 31: Mosquita y Mari, Grand Lake Coffee House
- Saturday, August 31: Hella Brown, R/Evolve Party Luka's w/Black
LGBTQ film festival heritage: Created in 2011 and co-presented with the Mayor's Office of the City of Oakland, the SPECTRUM Film Festival honors 2013 Oakland Pride with R/EVOLVE - a 5-day cinematic celebration of our lives, our loves, our spirit, our families, our community, our LGBTQIA Pride & our identity. R/EVOLVE is a rejoice-filled 5 days to re-connect, to re-evolve, to experience our stories as a community and to create positive collective memories as the film fest unfolds.
Oakland PRIDE: An analysis by the Urban Institute of U.S. Census 2000 data showed that Oakland has the third-highest concentration of gays and lesbians among the 50 largest U.S. cities, behind San Francisco and Seattle, with more lesbian couple households per capita than San Francisco. Oakland is the largest city in Alameda county and is the ONLY Pride celebration in the East Bay in 2013. Your sponsorship therefore serves not just Oakland, but the greater metropolitan area, including, but not limited to, Emeryville, Alameda, Berkeley, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Piedmont and Walnut Creek.
Since Oakland Pride's rejuvenation in 2010, Oakland Pride event attendance has risen sharply each year. The SPECTRUM 2013 Oakland Pride Film Festival offers a visible opportunity for business promotion by generating more than 30,000 impressions through on-location publicity, print, radio & online press. We are delighted and honored to provide this event for the entire Bay Area to partake in and hope that you will partner with us to present it.