Different Oakland Public Library branches offer computer education classes and training. Please add info about the options available at different branches here!
Asian Branch: Computer Basics in Cantonese and Mandarin - For Asian elderly and new Americans. Register in person required. Thursdays and Saturdays
César E. Chávez Branch: Computer Basics in Spanish/Clase de computadoras para principiantes en espanol - Saturdays - 10:00-11:30 - registration required/registracion requerida - 510-535-5620
Elmhurst Branch: Computer Tutor - Saturdays - 10:00 - 1:00pm - Sign up to use a branch computer at this time, and someone will be available to help you with your work.
Through Friday, June 7, trained tutors at six Oakland Public Library (OPL) locations are now offering free help to patrons using some of the library’s public access computers. Thanks to the Ready, Set, Connect! job training program that has prepared young people for jobs as computer tutors, assistance is offered at the following locations and times:
- Main Library, 125 14th Street
- Sundays from 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- 81st Avenue Branch, 1021 81st Avenue
- Tuesdays from 4:00 - 7:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 2:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Asian Branch, 388 9th Street, Suite 190
- Wednesdays from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- César E. Chávez Branch, 3301 East 12th Street, Ste. 271
- Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - Noon and Tuesdays from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Dimond Branch, 3565 Fruitvale Avenue
- Tuesdays from Noon - 3:00 p.m.
- Rockridge Branch, 5366 College Avenue
- Tuesdays from 3:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Patrons needing assistance from a tutor will need to sign up for a computer at one of the six locations listed above, during the scheduled period. The assistance program complements the Library’s mission to help “close the digital divide” by making computers accessible to all.