Oakland Wiki is created entirely by volunteers. There are many ways to get involved.
- Start editing! Search for whatever topic you like and click "edit" on any entry to add whatever you know about that topic. Not sure what to write about? Check the "Recent Changes" tab at the top of the screen to see what others are working on. Also, here is a huge list of neat things that you might know about!
Come to our volunteer meetups!
- They happen every other thursday at 7PM at Sudo Room. Check the Sudo Room calendar for dates of meetups.
- Volunteer meetups are super informal. We do announcements and short discussion of upcoming events (if you have an idea for an event, this is the place to find other interested folks!) and then spend most of the time editing together. There are always people who are happy to help you learn how to edit the site.
Join an Oakland Wiki listserv! We have two:
- Oakland Wiki discussion (low traffic list for discussion, updates, meeting info, events and strategizing!)
- Oakland Wiki announcements (extremely low traffic, event announcements only)
- Follow @oaklandwiki on twitter. If you'd like to contribute to this Twitter, email the list.