The Oaks Motel is a long-time motel at 3250 MacArthur. It opened in 1955.
The Oaks Motel, Inc. included R.C. Hall, president and L.R. Hurst, secretary-treasurer. 1 The motel had been open only a few months when the night clerk was robbed at gunpoint. 2
Until sometime between 2011 and 2014, the motel had a great neon sign, with multiple colors and a tasteful combination of sans-serif and script fonts. Sadly, they replaced it with plastic.
The location appears mostly empty on early Sanborn maps. In 1948, it was used for private car sales. 3 In 1953, it was a used car lot operated by Albert R. Moschetti. 4