As public safety meetings — town halls, presentations, forums, etc. — come up, please post their dates and information here. After the event, we will be creating pages for them, and notes, photos, thoughts, opinions and video can be posted to discuss the events in order to share them with the community. Check out the event notes entry for all notes from past events.
For past events, see archive
- 1st Tuesday of Every Month, 6:30 (starting February 4th): Santa Fe Community Association and Neighbors (Santa Fe CAN)
- 1st Thursday of every month (starting April 3rd): Beat 22Y Bret Harte/Joaquin Miller Neighborhood Action Council, 7:00-8:30pm, Imani Church, 3300 MacArthur Blvd
- 1st Thursday of February, April, June, August, October, and December: 7pm - 8:30pm, 14X Adams Point Neighborhood Group, Bellevue Club, 525 Bellevue Ave.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month (starting April 9th): Beat 17x/17y NCPC, 7:00-8:30, Bella Vista School Auditorium, 1025 E. 28th Street.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month: 7:30pm - 9pm 9X PANIL - Piedmont Avenue Neighborhood Improvement League, Piedmont Gardens, 110 41st St. Skyroom
- 2nd Thursday of every month (starting April 10th): Beat 18x/18y/19x NCPC: 6:30-8:00, St Anthony's School Cafeteria, 1500 E. 15th Street
- 2nd Thursday of every month (starting April 10th): Beat 21x/21y Community Action Coalition/Sausal Creek Left Bank, 6:45-8:15pm, Patten University, 2433 Coolidge Ave
- 2nd Thursday of every month: 7pm - 8:30pm 12Y/13X Greater Rockridge, Rockridge Library, 5366 College Ave.
- 3rd Wednesday of every month (starting April 16th): Beat 20x/23x/24x Fruitvale Unity, 6:30-8:00, Fruitvale Senior center, 3301 E. 12th St#201
- 3rd Wednesday of every month (starting April 16th): Beat 14y/16x Grand Lake Neighbors, 7:00-8:30, Baptist Church, 3534 Lakeshore Ave
- 3rd Wednesday of every month: 7pm - 8:30pm 10X Golden Gate, location TBD. contact Renee Sykes, 238-7929, [email protected]com)
- 4th Wednesday of every month: 7pm - 8:30pm 10Y Market Street, St. Martin De Porres School Cafeteria, 675 - 41st St.
Coffee With a Captain:
Ongoing chance to meet with area captains. Check dates and times here.
Friday nights from 6:30–9 PM, OCO leaders and clergy leaders walk the neighborhoods to reach out to perpetrators and victims of violence (mostly African American young men) in an effort to show them that there is an another way. (Locations vary; check Lifelines/Ceasefire Night Walk page, call 639-1440, or email for more info.)
Friday, June 20, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m., Cosmopolitan Baptist Church, 988 85th Avenue
Friday, June 27, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m., At Thy Word, 8915 International Boulevard
NOEL GALLO, D5 community events
LIBBY SCHAAF, D4 community events
LYNETTE GIBSON MCELHANEY, D3 community events
DAN KALB, D1 community events
- Community Policing - background on everything that’s going on with neighborhood policing in Oakland
- Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils (NCPC) - details and info about the main mechanism for community representation in neighborhood policing