There is something called "Raiders Week" in Oakland.
Info from Mayor's newsletter:
Raiders Week extends from Monday, September 8 to Sunday, September 14. Spearheaded by Visit Oakland, this citywide celebration marks the start of the 2014 regular football season and encourages fans to showcase their team spirit by wearing Raiders apparel all week.
There will be a variety of citywide Raiders Week initiatives, including:
- AC Transit bus headers to read "GO RAIDERS!" on all buses
- Raiders Flag to fly atop Oakland City Hall and Tribune Tower
- Hotel frontline staff and Uptown, Downtown and Jack London Square Street Ambassadors will wear Raiders caps
- Raiders Week placards displayed inside local businesses
- Hashtag: #RAIDERSWEEK14
- The Raiders are providing Visit Oakland with cheer cards, pins and decals that are being distributed throughout the community by the Downtown/Uptown District Street Ambassadors, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, Save Oakland Sports and Visit Oakland.
Schedule of Events
Friday: Raider Rusher will be stopping by Jack London Square and Visit Oakland headquarters to meet fans and take pictures.
Saturday: The Oakland Raiders Back to Football 5K Run, presented by Kaiser Permanente, welcomes participants of all abilities to kick off the 2014 season. The run takes place at O.co Coliseum. Each participant will receive a package that includes a ticket to the 9/14 game vs. Houston, a Raiders 5K tee and a commemorative medal.
- Make-A-Wish visit: A young boy will have his wish granted by The Oakland Raiders and will attend a team practice and the home opener on Sunday.
- Oakland Raiders vs. Houston Texans, O.co Coliseum; 1:25 p.m. kickoff. GO RAIDERS!
Click to download the full Raiders 2014 season schedule here. Let's enjoy some games together!
This is the info from the City Admin's newsletter:
On Monday, September 9, 2013 Mayor Jean Quan will join Raiders Hall of Famer Willie Brown and Visit Oakland President & CEO Alison Best for a media event to kick off Raiders Week, September 9 - 15. At the end of the press conference, the Mayor will join Raider Legends/Pro Football Hall of Famers Fred Biletnikoff and Willie Brown as well as the Raiderettes to raise the official Oakland Raiders flag on top of City Hall. Activities planned for Raiders Week range from a 5K Run, “Pirate Weekend” at Children’s Fairyland and gift certificate giveaways to cheer cards, discounts at area attractions and restaurant specials. For more information, please visit http://visitoakland.org/raiders.cfm.
Anyone ever heard of this? Know anything about it besides what's on the website?