The Second Church of Christ, Scientist at 476 - 34th Street was constructed in 1915, for an estimated $70,000. 1
William Arthur Newman designed the building. It was to have a $7,500 organ installed. 2
Designated an Oakland Landmark on February 24, 1981.
The building has been home to the Parks Chapel AME Church since c.1969.
Links and References
- Permit Is Issued For $70,000 Church Oakland Tribune January 17, 1915
- Two Great Edifices Oakland Tribune May 16, 1915
- Second Church of Christ, Scientist Architect and Engineer January 1917