Sheffield Village is a neighborhood of Oakland originally developed by the E.B. Field Company between 1939 and the 1950s. During the Peralta era, Sheffield Village was a fertile ranch. Field purchased the land and developed it.
Since July 1, 1964, the area has been part of the San Leandro Unified School District rather than the OUSD.
In 2005, the City of Oakland designated the neighborhood a Historic District.
Pages tagged “sheffield village”
Write more here!
Links and References
- Sheffield Village history sheffieldvillage.org