St. Stephens United Methodist Church was a Methodist church at 3755 - 13th Avenue. After a fire destroyed the First Methodist Church in 1981, the congregations merged in 1984 to form Lake Merritt United Methodist Church.
Founded as St. Stephens Methodist Episcopal Church by Rev. A. J. Hanson and fifteen others in 1913, the congregation met for the first few months in a tent. The 13th Avenue property was purchased in 1914, and the building completed in 1923. 1 It is now home to the East Bay Alliance Church.