The Bellevue Club is a private, members only club "on the shores of Lake Merritt since 1929." Previous to its current name, the Beaux Arts style club was the Women's Athletic Club of Alameda County.
Designed by the architectural firm of Roeth & Bangs, after the club was incorporated on March 19, 1926.
The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is part of the Bellevue Staten Historic Preservation District. It is also listed on the California Register of Historical Resources.
525 Bellevue Avenue, Oakland, California
Links and References
- Bellevue Club Foundation: Established to Preserve a Historic National Treasure official website
- Oakland's Bellevue Club, founded 80 years ago, is on the verge of sinking SFGate.com September 29, 2006