This is a WANTED page. We need more content, images, sources, and links, preferably not just cut-and-paste from an external source.
On December 31st, 1920, the Oakland chapter of the Universal Negro Improvement Association was chartered as Division 188. The Oakland division was special in that members consisted of both educated and the working class.
In 1925 they bought a building at Chester and 8th which was named "Liberty Hall" and renovated in 1926.