White House
photo from Our Oakland

The White House is a c.1875 Italianate mansion in Preservation Park where the current Preservation Park offices are located, along with Rio California, a Brazilian cafe. It was the home of Ellen Gould White and James White, who were founders of the 7th Day Adventist church.

Originally located at 702 - 11th Street, the home was later moved to its current location.

On April 14, 1981 the 'James White House' (not sure why Ellen Gould White's name was left out) was designated Oakland Landmark #47, under Zoning Case #LM 81-12.

Links and References