The Wilcox Block & Annex (Gladstone) was located at 821-833 Broadway, 459-475 9th Street, Oakland, California. One tenant of the Wilcox Block was W. W. Elliott, publishers of Oakland and Surroundings. The building is still there, though some details have been changed.
The building was constructed by Captain P. S. Wilcox in 1868, The Wilcox was the first three-story brick building in Oakland, the highest structure in the City at that time. Completed at virtually the same time as the Oakland terminus of the Transcontinental Railway, The Wilcox typified the increased development which was blooming toward the north on Broadway in order to accommodate the needs of the railroad traveler.1
On April 12, 1983 the Wilcox Block & Annex was designated Oakland Landmark under Zoning Case #LM 83-22.