William Bratton was hired to be part of an outside consulting team to assist the Oakland Police Department in crime fighting strategies. He was hired on January 22nd, 2013 along with Bob Wasserman and the Strategic Policy Partnership.
In December, 2013, Bratton was re-hired as the head of NYPD.
Bratton has even worked as the head of security at Dodger Stadium.2
Bratton's hiring was extremely controversial. fill in controversy here
fill in here the scope of the contract
On May 8th, 2013, the Bratton Report was released. It contained recommendations about Compstat, evidence management and investigations. Full text available here.
- Oakland North: "Meet William Bratton." Feb 20, 2013.
- New York Times: "Bratton Gives Revolving Door One More Spin." Dec 24, 2013. (This article explains Bratton's extensive ties to the world of private security and the consulting world.)
- Colorlines: "What’s in Store for Oakland With ‘Supercop’ William Bratton on the Beat?." Feb 5, 2013.
- Libby Schaaf Newsletter, Mar 14, 2013.
- Zirin, Dave. Game Over. New York: The New Press, 2013.